If you are planning a stay in one of our luxury villas in France, Italy or Morocco, Quality Villas have compiled some helpful guidance for the build up to your holiday to ensure you do not miss a trick. Happy planning and packing!
3 MONTHS BEFORE DEPARTURE: - Check all your passports are in date and have enough time left on them to the meet the visa rules in your holiday country - Check your vaccinations are in date and you are covered for your holiday country requirements
1 MONTH BEFORE DEPARTURE: - Order a credit card for travel with the best % withdrawal rates
- Check your medical insurance is current e.g EHIC card
2 WEEKS BEFORE DEPARTURE:
- Start compiling holiday playlists
- Check your travel insurance is up to date - Prescribed medications - ensure you have enough for your holiday and a few days upon return - Double check you have allowed sufficient time for your journey from the airport to the villa. Did you factor in the time to collect a hire car? If not, let Quality Villas know as late arrival at your villa cannot always be guaranteed - Flights with food - have you pre-ordered your meal if you have special dietary requirements? (e.g vegetarian & child meals often have to be pre-booked) - Order currency
1 WEEK BEFORE DEPARTURE:
- Download a travel documents app but check to see which companies will accept E-docs to save you printing - Tell the bank where and when you are travelling - Make sure your mobile phones are set for overseas calls and data usage - Order extra adaptors for all your electric gadgets - Book your airport transfers (don’t forget to book your return transfer too!) - If your children have a different surname to you, and you are travelling without the parent who shares the surname, bring along evidence of your relationship– this is not compulsory but can speed up immigration queues - Sign up to an online safe e.g My Online Safe and load all your documents, sharing this with a friend of family member in case of an emergency - Check your luggage weight allowance if flying - Ensure a local friend/family has a set of keys to your home and they understand your house alarm in case of emergencies - Cancel all deliveries like milk and newspapers
3 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE:
- Reconfirm your flight, if necessary
1 DAY BEFORE DEPARTURE:
- Check in online
DAY OF TRAVEL:
- Check online for possible delays or obstructions like traffic jams
- Unplug electrical devices in your home.
- If its winter, turn off water to prevent freezing
- Get excited...you're on your way to a great holiday!