Accommodation near Biarritz with heated pool - set in a beautiful 19th century stately home with 6 acres of woodland and mature gardens and majestic century-old trees, this property offers all the ingredients for a perfect stay.
This superb, spacious property near Biarritz in the South West offers seclusion and privacy, yet is just 500 metres from Soustons for shops, restaurants, bars and local market. Soustons is on the banks of the Etang de Soustons lake for windsurfing. The Atlantic coast is just 6 miles away from this accommodation near Biarritz, with superb sandy beaches and wonderful surf. The Dune de Pyla, the biggest sand dune in Europe, is on the edge of the Bassin d' Arcachon, an area of outstanding natural beauty just one and a half hour's drive to the north.
This area is a golfers paradise, with no less than 12 first class courses in the region. Biarritz and the regional capital Bayonne are only 30 minutes south for a little cultural diversion, and 30 minutes inland is Dax, renowned for its thermal spas and hydrotherapy centres.
This accommodation near Biarritz is ideal for family reunions or large parties as it offers a carefree way to enjoy this exciting region of France.
“This is a special house and one of my favourite owners. Well situated for the coastal resorts and a short drive to the famous Dunes de Pyla. An excellent house for that special occasion or a luxury holiday with loads of sports activities to keep everybody entertained.
Steps lead up to the front entrance terrace and formal reception lounge , (CD) wood-panelling, beamed ceiling.
Dining room, open fireplace, French doors to rear terrace with steps to garden.
TV room (TV,DVD).
Billiard room (3/4 size snooker/pool table), marble fireplace, door to front terrace.
Well equipped kitchen , door to garden and pool terrace for outdoor dining.
Library/reading area on landing.
All bedrooms have a TV & DVD, hairdryer.
Double bedroom (1.60m 4 poster bed), marble fireplace, seating area, ensuite shower room , WC.
Double bedroom (1.80m 4 poster bed), marble fireplace, door to covered terrace, ensuite shower room , WC.
2 bedroom suite - double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m electric adjustable bed), marble fireplace, French doors to small private balcony; twin bedroom (2 x 0.8m), door to covered terrace, family bathroom with Jacuzzi bath , separate WC, dressing area.
Double bedroom (1.60m), integral shower , WC.
Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), french doors to balcony, ensuite shower room , WC.
Double bedroom suite (1.60m), sloping ceiling, bathroom , WC, Sauna.
Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m electric adjustable bed), fireplace, seating, French doors to balcony, ensuite shower , WC.
Double bedroom (1.60m), sloping ceiling, integral shower , WC.
Six acres of woodland and mature garden. Large flat lawn ideal for children. Private 15m x 7m heated pool (depth: 1m to 1.9m). Badminton, croquet, boules, children' s play area, 18 mountain bikes and helmets of varying sizes (available for hire), table tennis. Private tennis court with 8 racquets. Glass panel fence around floodlit swimming pool, poolhouse with shower, WC. Hot tub for 6. Outdoor bar with well equipped summer kitchen. Ample outdoor dining on pool terrace, gas barbecue. The owners live independently in separate accommodation within the grounds and have an office within the main house should you require assistance.
Included: Wi-Fi internet. Pool heating (May to September). Pool & beach towels. Range of bicycles for all ages available. Sporting equipment (tennis, table-tennis, badminton, boules, football, volleyball).
Fully catered package includes:
Champagne reception (soft drinks for children)
Daily breakfast either full english or continental.
Lunch-either a gourmet BBQ served on the poolside terrace or a 3 course lunch with drinks included.
Daily afternoon tea with a selection of cakes,biscuits,fruit, tea,coffee and soft drinks.
Gastronomic 4 course evening meal with complimentary regional wine served either alfresco-style on the poolside terrace or in the grand dining room. Other wines will also be available to order ahead of your stay.
Drinks minibar and ice-creams available by the pool.
Extras: Daily maid service for non catered weeks.Telephone by card. Air-conditioning available on request. Babysitting or Nanny on request. Mini-bus for guided excursions. Additional maid €15per hour. A local tourist tax may apply.
Prices are for max 16 people, but this property can accommodate max 18.
Fantastic location. Fantastic Experience.
Fantastic location. Fantastic Experience.
Overall a nice holiday.
Mr and Mrs Warren
The Villa was Very good ,some areas a little tired but overall nice.
Staff First Class and food very good, if a bit too much at times.
One point though, The Air conditioning is totally inadequate for the property size we were struggling with 10 for a party of 16 ,impossible. with the high temperatures when we arrived all units should have been in place and working,instead we had to ask on each occasion as units were in store somewhere.
Overall a nice holiday.
QUALITY VILLAS NOTE: The owner replies as follows-
• The party were a family group consisting of three generations ranging in age from 16yrs to 70yrs + and we pride ourselves on our food and service…I am not sure that “a bit too much food” is really a problem as we are generous but with quality produce and it would be a concern if we appeared stingy or mean with the food
• The air conditioning has always been provided through use of 3 mobile heavy duty units which are deployed on each floor (ground floor, first floor and second floor) and serve to maintain an even temperature within the property. It was exceptionally hot the week of their holiday with temperatures hitting 40C+ in the shade on consecutive days. We also have thick wooden shutters on the bedrooms that can minimise the heat reaching the bedrooms during the day but the bedrooms doors to the balconies and windows were regularly left open (at the clients choice) so heating the rooms up during the day. The air conditioning units were also moved into the parents bedrooms rather than working to reduce the internal areas temperatures which cools all rooms down! At the start of the holiday we offered to set up the air –con units and this was done on the Saturday afternoon and they were used throughout the week in conjunction with fans and sheets on al the beds. I do understand that it was exceptionally hot weather but this was the only week during the season that guests requested use of the mobile air – con units so I can confidently say that it was a rare combination of high temperatures and re-positioning of the units that lead to these comments being made.
• They were a lovely family group and I have since received emails thanking us for their holiday and our service.
Owner and staff were exceptionally friendly
Owner and staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. I think you have the best large villas.
If you have stayed here before, why not leave a review?
Leave a Review
About The Location
- Soustons under 1.5 km
- Vieux-Boucau-les-Bains 9.5 km
- Hossegor 16 km
- Dax 29 km (25 mins)
- Bayonne 46 km (30 mins)
- Biarritz 61 km
- Vieux-Boucau-les-Bains beach 9.5 km
- Surfing 9.5 km
- Golf | horse riding | cycling
- Windsurfing, Etang de Soustons (lake) 2.5 km