Situated in the hills between Lucca and historic Pisa sits Podere La Quiete – a wonderful farmhouse surrounded by serene olive groves and stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The beautiful honey coloured villa with its Mediterranean plant pots and olive-green door provides the perfect welcome and retreat for relaxation under the gorgeous Tuscan sunshine.
Recently renovated to the highest standards, the villa sleeps up to 8 guests in four double bedrooms, and spectacular views from the romantic tower bedroom on the second floor. One double bedroom with sofa bed is ideally situated on the ground floor for easy access, also with connecting private bathroom.
With air conditioning in most rooms, the villa also offers a spacious, light living room, with flat screen television and library, and a generously equipped kitchen leading out onto the shaded dining terrace with covered pergola. The pizza oven and seating area provide the perfect spot to enjoy leisurely afternoons whilst dipping in and out of the octagonal pool, with further loungers in the lush gardens.
A short stroll from the private estate through the olive trees and shaded paths, the small village of Castelveccio di Compito can be found, with quaint cafes for morning coffee. For guests feeling energetic, the hilltop village of Buti can be found within 30 minutes, where medieval castles and churches sit alongside authentic restaurants for lazy afternoons of lunching. Neighbouring Bientina offers a weekly market, monthly antiques market and summer festivals in the main square, and the beautiful, larger town of Lucca is just a 20-minute drive away. Historic Pisa and Florence are 30 and 45 minutes respectively.
For larger parties than 8 guests, neighbouring villa Casale la Macina offers accommodation for 12 and is also situated within the private olive grove estate. Please do contact our team to discuss hiring both properties.
Entrance hall / Dining room
Kitchen, doors to patio
Living area with flat screen TV and library
Bedroom 4: sofa bed for 2 guests, en-suite bathroom with bathtub/shower over
Bedroom 1: Master double / twin, en-suite with shower
Bedroom 2: Double / twin with en-suite toilet
Bedroom 3: Double, en-suite with shower and panoramic views
Octagonal pool 8m x 5m, max depth 1.7m
The house sits within a beautiful olive grove
Terrace dining area
Washing machine, dryer, fridge and freezer
Travel cot for babies between 6-9 months
Air conditioning and electricity, up to AC 500 Euro, excess then payable
Pets, on request
Chef service, daily if required, on request
Wine tasting performed by a professional sommelier
Extra cleaning, 15 Euro per hour
Electricity/air-conditioning over the consumption of Euro 150 per week is charged at 0.35 Euro/KW
Heating, on request, chargeable
About The Location
- 10-minute walk to upper Castelvecchio di Compito village, further 15 minutes to the lower village with café and restaurant
- Pisa 30km
- Florence 65km
- Harbour / Ferry
- Viareggio 40km
- Groceries 2km
- Viareggio 40km
- Forte di Marmi 50km
- Walking and mountain biking, Buti 7km
- Climbing on the Via Ferrata 10km
- Beautiful Lucca 16km
- Viareggio (40km) with beaches, fantastic carnival and museum dedicated to Puccini, housed in his lakeside residence is just over half an hour by car from the villa.
- The Piaggio factory in Pontedera (15km) has a museum dedicated to the legendary Vespa scooter and L'Ape - the little three wheeled van which is still popular today around olive groves and vineyards.
- The historic cities of Florence (65km) and Pisa (30km) provide an excellent day’s entertainment whilst exploring the streets, landmarks and historical artworks within each.
- Two hours’ drive away, the rugged hills of Cinqueterre (75km) are home to clusters of colourful houses and vineyards built into the terraced rock, dating back to the 11th century. The clink of fishing boat masts in the harbours fills the hazy sea air, and local cafes and restaurants provide the perfect place for authentically Italian lunching whilst taking in the spectacular sea views.